|Windsor Library Association Achievements Through Time:
» 1888 – Windsor Library Association founded.
» 1895 – State Library Commission recognizes the Windsor Free Public Library.
» Early 1900s – Association purchases the Mather House on the green using donations. Part of the house was used for a library.
» 1941 – Bequest to the Association from a founding member, Ruel C. Tuttle, helps fund the conversion and enlargement of the Mather House.
» 1965 – Bequest from member, Leland P. Wilson, makes construction and dedication of a branch library in the southern section of town. The Association continues to own this facility and lease it to the town.
» 1974 – 1975 Windsor Library Association deeds the Mather House to the Town of Windsor and the building is renovated.
» 2004 / 2005 / 2006 – Windsor Library Association raises funds and celebrates community appreciation of the library with a “Snowflake Gala” held in the Huntington House, Loomis Chaffee and the main Library in Windsor Center, respectively.
» 2005 - 2006 Main Library in the center of town undergoes major expansion and renovation. Windsor Library Association helps with Grand Re-Opening.
» 2010 – Wilson Branch renovation primarily funded with state grant is assisted with funding by the Windsor Library Association.
» 2013 Windsor Library Association celebrates its 125th Anniversary